Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December Favorites

Happy New Year!  Did you make any resolutions?  Are you sticking to them?  I personally don't do resolutions.  I just think that if you decide you need to change something about yourself you shouldn't wait until the new year to do it.  But hey, that's just me.  If you have made any resolutions I do hope you haven't given up yet!  Well on to the favorites...

1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Marci Gold Watch



This was my Christmas gift from my husband.  If I'm being completely honest, I was disappointed when I opened my gift.  I even asked if I could exchange it.  I know, I know, ungrateful bitch right?  I totally felt like Rachel on Friends.  But wait!  Hear me out.  I obviously changed my mind about it because it's on my favorites list.  You see, I had been eyeing the Michael Kors chronograph watch for a while.  I really like the men's inspired style watches and this was definitely not it.  So I thought I would exchange it for one.  It sat in it's box for a few days and one day when I was getting ready I decided to put it on.  I layered it with a few bracelets and to my surprise I actually really liked how it looked!  I liked that the band was thick and the face was big just like the men's style watches, but the rounded face gave a feminine feel to it.  So see, not so ungrateful after all!  LOL

2.  Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Repair Masque


The last time I got my hair done, the stylist was shocked at how dry my hair was.  She kept saying, "Gosh, your hair is REALLY dry!"  I knew my hair was dry from color damage but it must've been really bad for her to keep reminding me.  I knew the culprit was the water here.  There's a lot of calcium in the water so we drink bottled water and I even cook with it too.  Showering with bottled water is not an option, so I bought a filtered shower head.  I also bought the Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Repair Masque that I've been hearing rave reviews about.   The reviews were right!  Upon the first use my hair was noticeably softer and silkier.  I've been using it twice a week and my hair has never looked healthier!  This will definitely be a product I will be repurchasing.


3.  Komplement Multi-use hanger





Since it's winter, I've been sporting my scarves which are all stuffed into a bin.  I wanted a way to have them organized and easily accessible and this was the perfect solution.  Now they're easy to find and honestly when they're displayed like this I am more likely to wear them more often.  When they were in a bin I would forget about the ones that sat at the bottom of the stack. 

That's it for December favorites!  Thanks for reading!


Ciao!














4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way you do about resolutions. I hate the way the gym fills up in January. Then everyone slowly fades away. You're not ungrateful, you just know what you want haha. Come visit if you have time.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fav's :) www.lovelucinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love that watch!!!! What a great gift!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...