Thursday, December 15, 2011

November Favorites

I know it's the middle of December and I'm just now posting my November favorites, but I figure better late than never right?  So here they are:

1.  Pure Integrity Candles


I love to light candles in my house and Yankee Candles have been a favorite for a while....until now.  I went on a search for candles that had strong scents that filled up the whole house and preferably soy ones too.  I heard they were better to burn than wax because they were non-toxic.  Did you know wax candles produce carcinogens when burned?  Uhhh....no thanks!  My allergies have also been acting up like crazy here and soy candles are less likely to trigger them so I was glad to hear that.  I decided to try out Pure Integrity and ordered a 16oz. Vanilla Almond.  It says on their website that the scent strength is very strong and fills large areas.  It look a little over 1 week to receive it, which is pretty good for shipping to an FPO address.  It can take 4 weeks for some things I order to arrive, so I was pleasantly surprised when it came so soon.  I immediately lit my candle to see how strong the fragrance would be.  It filled up the whole apartment!  I lit it in my kitchen and I could smell it all the way in my bedroom.  I am really impressed with Pure Integrity candles.  I will definitely be ordering more very soon.  They also have great customer service.  I had a problem checking out because they didn't have an option for FPO addresses and they got back to me really quickly which I really appreciate. 

2.  Magnetic Nail Polish



I first saw magnetic nail polish on the Sephora website where they have a video tutorial on it.  I immediately added it to my cart excited to try it out.  Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't ship to FPO addresses so I was kinda bummed not to be able to buy it.  I found out magnetic nail polish has been out in Europe for a while, so I decided to go out and try to find some.  I was happy to find all different kinds in a cosmetic store at our local mall.  They had so many more shades than the Sephora website.  I decided to buy a purple one and I got a teal one for my one of my best friends who's a beauty product junkie like me.  So how it works is you're supposed to put a thick layer of it on your nail and then immediately put the magnet on top 3mm above your nail and wait 5 seconds for the magnetic effect.  I personally think it looks so cool!  The only problem I had with it is controlling how close to put the magnet.  I was so worried I wasn't putting it close enough that a few times I got too close and actually hit my nail having to redo it.  Another cool thing about the one that I got is that you can do 4 different designs with the magnet that it comes with.  I don't think you can do that with the one being sold on Sephora.  Here's a picture of the magnetic effect:



3.  Bauble Bar

I have to admit as far as accessories go, I usually just get inexpensive brands like H&M and Forever 21, but I recently discovered Bauble Bar which offers fashion jewelry at very reasonable prices.  They've been featured in magazines and carry pieces that celebrities wear too.   They introduce new collections every week so there's always a wide variety of pieces to choose from.  You even get $10 off your first order once you sign up for an account.  I found a necklace and bracelet that I wanted and were both less than $30.  When I received it in the mail, the jewelry was packaged in a box with their logo on it and upon opening there was a handwritten thank you card and each piece was packaged in cute little pouches.  My first impressions?  I love the quality of their jewelry.  They're very well constructed and don't feel cheap.  I will definitely be buying more pieces from them in the future.  

I love handwritten notes!
How adorable are these love birds?!
Wouldn't this look great stacked with a gold watch?


Well that's it for November favorites.  I better get finished with my Christmas shopping.  I don't know why I always think I have so much time to shop and then I end up scrambling last minute.  I really hope everything I ordered online comes in on time!  


Happy Holidays!






2 comments:

  1. Hi, new follower here :) I love the look of your polish! I have seen it on the Sephora site as well and have been wanting to try it but that looks even prettier than the kind they have. I look forward to reading along! Love for you to stop by my beauty blog as well. It's great to have fellow beauty/ fashion lovers follow along. Thanks!
    Kristin@meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try those candles thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...